Teaching at MacKillop
The staff at St Mary MacKillop College are recognised as a key asset to the school; the students and their families are often reminded that no school can be better than its staff.
Employment, remuneration, and conditions for teaching and support staff are strictly in accordance with the policies of the Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn and the Certified Agreement.
Beyond these procedures, the College values talent, passion, and intelligence when recruiting staff as well as diversity in cultural background, teaching experience, and extra interests.
The College recognises its responsibility towards the staff by:
- Providing an early career mentoring program
- Taking a supportive and professional attitude towards programs of professional learning for staff
- Providing a welcoming and supportive environment for its staff
- Providing pathways for teachers to access career promotion
- Fostering an attitude and culture among coordinators that provides mentoring, support, and advice to those who teach within their area of responsibility
- Ensures that a strong student pastoral care program supports the teaching and learning at the school
We encourage teachers or support staff who wish to join our community to sign up to the mailing list to be informed of job vacancies as they become available.
Handing in Applications
Applications can be handed in at either campus or mailed to our PO Box. Applications should be addressed to the Principal, Mr Michael Lee, for Teaching positions, and to the Business Manager, Mrs Louise Davidson, for Support Staff roles.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate a commitment to the aims of Catholic Education.
All positions at MacKillop involve working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CEO policy.
For questions about Teaching positions, please contact Danai Gapare, Executive Assistant to the Principal, via email or by calling 02 6209 5215.
For questions about Support Staff positions, please contact Gemma Kinnane, Assistant Business Manager, via email or by calling 02 6209 0138.