The FULL MacKillop uniform is to be worn to and from school each day. All students attending St Mary MacKillop College are expected to take pride in their appearance. Neatness, cleanliness and good grooming are expected. Summer uniform is to be worn in Terms 1 and 4, winter uniform in Terms 2 and 3. If weather conditions change prior to changeover time, then either winter or summer uniform may be phased in earlier. This might be the last week of Term 1 or Term 3. Students will be informed when this is sanctioned.
Notes on uniform
- Students out of uniform are required to bring a note from home on the day and obtain a uniform pass from the Pastoral Coordinator.
- The only acceptable girls' trousers are the tailored navy slacks with the St Mary MacKillop College monogram.
- The only acceptable boys' trousers are tailored mid-grey school trousers. No ‘cargo’, ‘baggy’, casual ‘pull-on’ or cotton drill type trousers allowed.
- The St Mary MacKillop College school cap or a plain navy broad brimmed hat are the only acceptable forms of headwear.
- Hair should be clean and neat; fashionable extremes are not permitted. Accessories are to match College colours (navy, teal, white). Only natural, all-over hair colour or subtle highlights can be used to dye or highlight hair. Rats tails, horsey, dreadlocks, lines, and geometric shapes cut into the hair, and extreme variations in length are not permitted.
- Sheer or black stockings and leggings are not permitted.
- ‘Knee high’ and ‘Thigh high’ stockings are not permitted.
- Skivvies and coloured under t-shirts are not to be worn. Plain white short sleeve t-shirts are allowed but should be tucked in.
- Subtle makeup and pale nail polish are acceptable at the St Peter's Campus at the discretion of the staff. At the Padua Campus, makeup is not to be worn, all nails must be clear of colour, and noticeable eye lash extensions and/or fake eyelashes are not permitted.
- Girls’ skirts, dresses, or shorts are to be knee length and worn correctly with all buttons fastened.
- Boys’ shirts are to be tucked in.
- Caps/hats, beanies, scarves, and gloves are to be navy blue. These items are not to be worn when in the College buildings.
- If a student is out of uniform, parents may be contacted and requested to give a commitment to resolve the problem. Parents may be asked to drop the correct uniform off at school or the student may be kept out of class until the uniform issue has been resolved.
Accessories for boys and girls
- Two ONLY discreet stud or small plain sleeper earring- no costume jewellery is permitted.
- One ONLY medical bracelet.
- One ONLY fine, plain gold or silver neck chain with discreet religious symbol is permitted.
- One ONLY discreet ring.
- One ONLY wrist watch.
- No visibile body art or tattoos.
Please note: Nose, tongue, and facial studs/rings, body piercing ornaments, or plastic plugs are not permitted. Clear piercings are also not permitted.
Sports/PE Uniform (for both boys and girls)
- Plain navy shorts/track pants with MacKillop monogram.
- Navy College sports polo with teal/white stripes.
- Navy spray jacket with College Crest (optional).
- Tennis shoes or joggers.
- White Sports socks.
- School cap/navy broad brimmed hat.
Students are to use the College Haversack available from the uniform suppliers to carry PE uniform. Alternatively, they can use a plastic shopping bag. Sports bags are not permitted. If students have PE last period they are allowed to wear their PE uniform home. This is conditional that they are in complete, correct PE uniform.
In terms of footwear, the expectation is traditional, black, leather, lace up, polishable school shoes. Students tend to interpret this expectation rather loosely and there is a need for further clarification to assist parents. The shoes are to be polishable. Suede shoes and black joggers are not acceptable for safety reasons. Elevated shoes and platform heels are not a part of the school uniform. The sole should be no more than 2 cm high and the heel 3 cm. No buckle shoes or slip on shoes are permitted. For further information, please view our footwear flyer.
All students are required to use the blue bag with the College crest. No other bags are permitted.
Students are reminded that it is College policy that they are expected to protect themselves from the harmful UV rays of the sun. The College supports the Commonwealth and Territory Government’s campaign of Slip, Slop, Slap & Wrap.
- Slip – Students are required to wear the College uniform or sports uniform for all activities.
- Slop – Sunblock (SP30+) is provided by the College for outdoor activities.
- Slap – Students should wear a school cap/navy broad brimmed hat when involved in outdoor activities.
- Wrap – While outdoors students are encouraged to wear inexpensive eye protection.